• Downtown Fire Sparked By Welders

    Stamford Advocate

    January 15, 2019


    STAMFORD, CT — A downtown blaze was quickly doused by firefighters at a Landmark Square building Wednesday morning.

    Welders were working in Building 2, on Atlantic Street behind Blackstones Steakhouse, around 7:30 a.m. when a hot spark apparently dropped, causing some insulation to catch fire, said Deputy Chief Tom Gloersen.

    Before the fire department arrived, the welders used fire extinguishers, nearly knocking out the blaze.


    Nickerson, J. (2019), Stamford Advocate, retrieved from Employees Use Extinguishers To Snuff Furnace Fire, January 15, 2019.