• Employees Snuff Fire With Portable Extinguisher

    KXXV-TV (Waco/Killen/Temple, TX)

    September 5, 2017

    TEMPLE, TX (KXXV) - Employees at McLane Southwest stopped a dock door fire using a portable fire extinguisher.

    Temple Firefighters arrived at 2828 Industrial Blvd, Tuesday morning at 3:40am, to find employees had evacuated the building and the fire already out—employees had already extinguished it.

    Fire officials determined the cause to be unintentional, due to heat from a trailer's clearance light that made contact with the dock door seal. Temple Fire and Rescue said the damage was confined to the door seal, too, and that no one was injured as a result.

    Source: KXXV News Staff, Employees Use Portable Fire Extinguisher to Halt Fire, September 5, 2017