• Michigan Amputee Credited with Putting Out High-rise Fire

    Niles Daily Star (Niles, MI)

    October 13, 2015

    Niles, MI—A 65-year-old amputee used two hallway fire extinguishers to put out a fire in a third-floor apartment of the Niles Housing Commission. According to Fire Chief Larry Lamb, “The neighbor (Granning) dumping the fire extinguisher on the couch was enough to at least keep it at bay and he pretty much had it out by the time we got up there.” No one was injured, but the room and hallway did sustain smoke and some heat damage.