• Teacher’s Quick Thinking Prevents Fire from Spreading

    MLive (Springport, MI)

    February 12, 2016


    Fire authorities responded around 3:00 pm to a general fire call from Springport High School on February 11th. When the fire response team arrived they noted smoke coming from the school’s agricultural barn. They found an overturned heat lamp (used to keep some of the animals in the barn warm during the winter months). Fire Chief Ott said, “Luckily they had an alarm system” and also noted that a teacher of the school managed to help control the flame and embers with a portable fire extinguisher until the authorities arrived1. The building was not occupied by staff or students at the time of the incident, and no students or animals were harmed.

    Source: 1 Shek, Ryan. "Teacher Deploys Fire Extinguisher Inside Springport High School Agricultural Barn." Www.mlive.com/news. MLive Media Group, 12 Feb. 2016. Web. 21 Feb. 2016.